You have just been hired as a training coordinator for a large security organization that was previously using an outside organization to develop the majority of its training. Although management has realized the advantages of the organization having its own in-house training program, they are also of the opinion that the lower level security supervisors and officers might not be as accepting of this new training coordinator. They have asked you to prepare a presentation to the security supervisors explaining this new initiative, with the understanding that the security supervisors will then relate this information back to the officers who work directly for them.
You have decided there are several key areas that you want to review with the supervisors. Respond to the questions below, explaining how you will develop a response in your training program for the security supervisors. Keep in mind that your paper should be 750–1,000 words in length, not counting the cover sheet, abstract, and reference section, and that the paper should meet all APA standards and requirements.
- Address the following in 750–1,000 words:
- Explain in detail the organizational and employee benefits of your new training program.
- Develop a list of drawbacks to training and discuss how you, as the training coordinator, plan to resolve these problems.
- What is the role of the security supervisor in presenting the information regarding the new training program to the employees? Explain.
- What challenges might the supervisor face when disseminating this information? Why?
- How can those challenges be overcome? Explain.
- Explain how designing a training program can serve as a liability reduction tool for the organization as well as among the supervisors and officers who work for the organization.
- Be sure to reference all sources using APA style.